What to Do This Week of February 26, 2017
Action Checklist for Americans of Conscience
16 weeks down, 88 weeks to go until mid-term elections. Still taking deep breaths?
The intention of this weekly document is to make clear, hype-free suggestions for action backed by well-considered research. If an issue doesn’t affect you, consider whether you would support this issue on behalf of other Americans, then act accordingly. Although diligently prepared, contents are subject to human error. Please do your own research.
Did someone send you here? Sign up to receive this weekly checklist.
Have a question or action suggestion? Check out my FAQs first.
Prioritize self care
Wait. Before you skip this suggestion as fluffy or irrelevant, check out these two resources I created and see what you think.
First, read this timely message I wrote about geese. Yes, geese. 🙂 (link)
Second, use this worksheet to create a self care plan (link). It will be a vital tool to help you hang in there for the long haul. We need you.
Act on your beliefs and values
I believe I can make a difference.
Want more actions?
I wrote here about why I’m away this weekend. To make sure you get the resources you need to resist, I am recommending three sites for well-vetted, powerful actions.
Choose based on how much energy you (or your group) have this week:
- Really tired: Just one action at weekly-resistance.online.
- Mildly energized: Four low-hype actions at www.wall-of-us.org.
- Lead-goose energy: A treasure trove of daily actions at roganslist.blogspot.com.
All three of these sites are part of the 50-member Action Alliance (of which I’m a part) and are run by really good people I trust. Your normal checklist will be back next week.
Acts of Gratitude
- A normal president doesn’t attack the press (source).
- A normal president seeks to solve disagreements (source).
- The White House Comment line is up again! 202-456-1111.
- St Louis’ Muslim community rallied to repair the Jewish cemetary (source)
- If you’d like to receive this message weekly, sign up here.
- To see archives of past Action Checklists, click here and scroll to the bottom.
- Become a supporter (patreon) or contribute (paypal).
If you found this checklist useful, please spread the word!
Email and Facebook: It’s barely been four months, but so many people are feeling weary, overwhelmed, and tired of bad news. Here’s one way to survive the next four years. goo.gl/4cBBWw
We’re stronger together!