The Governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rosselló sent a message to the entire United States late last night, prior to Hurricane Maria making landfall in the southeastern portion of Puerto Rico’s main island. In the message, the governor thanked officials of the federal government, and vowed to rebuild after the hurricane passes.
About The Author
William-José Vélez González is a native from Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, and a graduate from Florida International University in biomedical engineering, engineering management, with a minor in international relations. He served as the national executive vice president of the Puerto Rico Statehood Students Association for 5 years. He lives in Washington, DC, where he works at the Children’s National Research Institute and runs Opsin, a nonprofit design studio dedicated to making design more accessible. He is the founder and Editor in Chief of Pasquines.
August 1, 2017
- Guam Governor Leon Guerrero promotes islandwide Sustainable Development Goals at UN Forum
- Selling the CNMI as a multi-island destination
- González-Colón, Mace, Jacobs, and Ross introduce legislation to provide disability compensation to military retirees for sexual trauma
- Governor Bryan issues new protocols for travel Between BVI and USVI
- US Territories’ July 12-18, 2020 news week in tweets
Subscribe and never miss our articles
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.