The Governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rosselló sent a message to the entire United States late last night, prior to Hurricane Maria making landfall in the southeastern portion of Puerto Rico’s main island. In the message, the governor thanked officials of the federal government, and vowed to rebuild after the hurricane passes.
About The Author
William-José Vélez González is a native from Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, and a graduate from Florida International University in biomedical engineering, engineering management, with a minor in international relations. He served as the national executive vice president of the Puerto Rico Statehood Students Association for 5 years. He lives in Washington, DC, where he works at the National Congress of American Indians and runs Opsin, a nonprofit design studio dedicated to making design more accessible. He is the Editor in Chief at Pasquines.
April 13, 2020
July 22, 2018
- What to do this week of September 13, 2020
- Lacking an established unemployment assistance program, Northern Mariana Islands struggle to distribute aid
- US Virgin Islands Governor Bryan moves territory to “Safer at Home” status
- US Territories’ August 31-September 6, 2020 news week in tweets
- 48 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Guam, raising the total to 1395
Subscribe and never miss our articles
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.