The Governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rosselló sent a message to the entire United States late last night, prior to Hurricane Maria making landfall in the southeastern portion of Puerto Rico’s main island. In the message, the governor thanked officials of the federal government, and vowed to rebuild after the hurricane passes.
About The Author
William-José Vélez González is a native from Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, and a graduate from Florida International University in biomedical engineering, engineering management, with a minor in international relations. He served as the national executive vice president of the Puerto Rico Statehood Students Association for 5 years. He lives in Washington, DC, where he works at the Children’s National Research Institute and runs Opsin, a nonprofit design studio dedicated to making design more accessible. He is the founder and Editor in Chief of Pasquines.
September 15, 2022
August 7, 2019
- Puerto Rico is losing population at an alarming rate
- US Territories’ September 19-25, 2022 news week in tweets
- Governor Bryan announces more than 12,000 US Virgin Islands students qualify for President Biden’s student loan relief plan
- How to help Puerto Rico in the aftermath of Hurricane Fiona
- Guam primary election results confirmed
Subscribe and never miss our articles
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.