Much like knowing how to write a successful resume or apply for a job, you will at some point need to know how to write a job transfer request. A well written job transfer request can be the tool you need to open the door to a much needed shift to a different department or for an improved and higher paying position within your current section such as management and higher.
The desire is that your request will be granted, but in the case that it is not, you will have declared your interest in a new position and will be kept in mind by your employers should a new opening develop. The following steps will guide you as to how to write an remarkable request that will better your chances of getting approved.
Step 1: State the reason for your job transfer request.
You may need to make a job transfer request for a number of reasons. The most common of types of transfers are made for the following reasons:
- A request for relocation
- Requesting a transfer to a new position that has opened in your company
- Private reasons such as location changes (for example if you have moved and are now too far away from your present job location).
Step 2: Play Up your achievements and experience.
The transfer request should Play Up your skills, accomplishments and experience. List any on the job training your have received, certifications, diplomas or other classes taken since you have been employed. Also add the fact that the knowledge you have acquired from being a part of the company will continue to be an asset, whether it is in a higher position or at another branch of the company at a different location.
Step 3: Concentrate on the contributions you will make for the business by remaining with them.
Stress how efficiently you think the company has been operating, how much you appreciate the support they give employees and that fact that you wish to remain with the company. List the positions you have held, and how they have prepared you for the position you wish to be transferred to.
Step 4: State that you are willing to give training to the one who will replace you. Be sure to include an offer to train the person who will be given your current position if your are granted the job transfer request.
Tips and Warnings:
1) Read and re-read your transfer request, ask a friend or coworker to review it honestly for you for content as well as faults. Also be sure that the request is written the following business format:
Your name and contact info
The name of the contact or supervisor, their title and the full company name
Dear [Inset the name of HR Contact or Supervisor],
To be filled out with the information listed in the steps above
Job title and contact info
2) Transfers can be a time consuming procedure for employers so be willing to wait. Try to submit the request as early as possible: For example if you know you may be moving soon, submit a request for transfer as soon as plans for the move are finalized. Also, if you know a staff member will be quitting, submit the transfer request as soon as their leaving is made official.
3) Ensure that you observe company policies: Submit transfer request to the right person or department. Also be sure that you submit any extra paperwork that is needed of you for the request. Some companies may require a separate form to be filled out in addition to your written request.
Please visit this link https://writingmetier.com/ to find more information about writing press releases, articles like this and many other kinds of documents.