In an attempt to increase voter registration for the upcoming elections in the United States Virgin Islands, the Election System held a National Voter Registration Day Expo on October 1. On St. Croix and St. Thomas, the expo took place at the offices of the Elections System from 9 am to 3 pm. On St. John, the expo was at the Franklin Powell Bandstand in Cruz Bay from 9 am to 3 pm.
There were members of the Board of Elections to manage voter registration and conduct demonstrations of voting machines. The expo turned voter registration into an event, with refreshments, music, and various vendors.
Supervisor Fawkes, a member of the Election System, said that “registration is the first step and participation is the most important next step. If you do not vote, your voice is silent on the issues of the territory, you must show up to vote”.
Fawkes also indicated the availability of the sample ballots for the General Election. They can be acquired online at www.vivote.gov or at the Election System offices.
The offices are located at:
- St. Croix Elections Office-Sunny Isles Shopping, Unit 26
- St. Thomas Elections Office, Lockhart Gardens (Upstairs Banco Popular)
- St. John Elections Office, Market Place Suite II
Monday, October 10 will mark the start of early voting. It will be available through Monday, October 31 from 9 am to 6 pm, daily on St. Croix and St. Thomas from 9 am to 4 pm on St. John.
You can find early voting locations at:
- District of St. Croix: Elections Office, Sunny Isle Shopping Center Unit 26
- District of St Croix: St. Joseph Church Hospitality Lounge
- District of St. Thomas/St. John, St. Thomas Elections Office, Lockhart Gardens (above Banco Popular)
- District of St. Thomas/St. John: St. Thomas, Tutu Park Mall (former Scotia Bank location)
- District of St. Thomas/St. John: Elections Office, The Market Place Suite II