A democracy relies on participation, and participation rates in the US these days are low. Many people feel that candidates and officeholders don’t listen to them and that their voice doesn’t matter, so they don’t even bother getting involved. Voterfied is looking to change that. Voterfied allows candidates and officeholders, such as mayors, state legislators, and Congressmen, to connect directly with constituents and get a better feel for the issues their people care about. It seeks to expand participatory democracy by allowing constituents communicate in more effective ways than phoning a candidate or officeholder’s office or tweeting at them....Read More
Author: Fred Edwards
- Guam set to legalize recreational marijuana
- Could approval voting help solve the Puerto Rico status issue?
- The need for micro grids in Puerto Rico after the fallout from Hurricanes María and Irma
- US Virgin Islands celebrate their history month
- Political agendas should not deter progress on pressing issues
Subscribe and never miss our articles
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.